Dr. Shriram Anil Purankar has completed his Ph.D. in Management from Jaypee Institute of Information Technology. His Ph.D. thesis was titled “Empirical Investigation of Commodity Futures, Commodity Indices, Equity Indices and Macroeconomic Indicators: Evidence from India”. He holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Symbiosis International University. He has done his Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University, Indiana, USA. He comes with 5 years of industry (Financial services & Commodity Trading Execution) and over 5 years of teaching experience. He has worked with companies like Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, SBI Life Insurance and was working with Glencore prior to joining Japyee Business School as a faculty.His interests lie in the area of Import-Export Management, Economics, International Business and Strategic Management.
- Shriram Purankar, Dr. Moonis Shakeel, "Price Discovery Mechanism of Spot and Futures Market in India: A Case of Selected Agri-Commodities", International Research Journal of Business and Management (IRJBM), Global Wisdom Research Publications, ISSN 2322-083X, Vol. 7(8): p.p. 50-61, August 2014.
- S. A. Purankar and V.K. Singh, “Portfolio co-integration dynamics of metal and energy commodities: Evidence from India”, International Journal of Management Practice, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 273-294, March 2017. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- S. A. Purankar and V.K. Singh, “Interdependence Dynamics of Commodity Derivatives and Macroeconomic Factors: Evidence from India”, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 85-106, May 2017. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- S. A. Purankar and V.K. Singh, “Does inclusion of agriculture futures contracts provide enough portfolio diversification? Evidences from India”, International Journal of Management Practice, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 422-444, June 2017. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- Vandana Ahuja, Shriram Purankar, "Quality Business School education and the expectations of the corporate-A research agenda", Procedia Computer Science,Vol.139, pp.561-569,2018.
FDP on Export Procedures & Documentation, organized by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University – New Delhi on 24/01/2014
FDP on Financial Econometrics using EVIEWS, organized by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University – New Delhi on Sept 17-21, 2014